Parish Office Closure Information
The Parish Office will be closed on the following dates:
Thursday 13th AprilThursday 27th April
Apologies for the inconvenience.
Salford Seven Neighbourhood Plan - Referendum
The referendum for the Salford Priors Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday 4 May 2017, at The Memorial Hall in Salford Priors.
A number of documents have been produced to help you make a decision on how to vote. These documents, including the Neighbourhood Development Plan itself, can be viewed on the District Council's website.
Welcome to Salford Priors. We are situated in the south west corner of the county of Warwickshire in England, almost as far from the coast as you can get.
The parish comprises seven main settlements: Abbot's Salford, The Bevingtons, Dunnington, Iron Cross, Pitchill, Rushford and Salford Priors. The largest of these settlements is Salford Priors.
The parish is situated almost midway between the towns of Evesham, Stratford-upon-Avon, and Redditch. The settlements are situated in open farmland where the main crops are vegetables, in particular asparagus and salad onions.
There are several Grade II listed buildings located mainly in the conservation area along Evesham Road and Station Road in Salford Priors. There are others in the parish at Pitchill, Dunnington Farmhouse, Wood Bevington Manor and Cock Bevington Farm House. St Matthew's Church in Salford Priors, originally Anglo Saxon, and Salford Hall in Abbots Salford, once a Jacobean nunnery, now a hotel and conference centre, are both Grade I listed buildings.
The parish comprises about 600 properties housing, some 1,240 adult residents and about 270 children. Many families have lived in the parish for several generations.
For visitors, in addition to the Church and listed buildings, a major attraction is the network of footpaths which traverse the parish and enable walkers to really 'get away from it all'! The Parish Council publishes a booklet showing the paths and this can be obtained on request from the Clerk.
What's New on this Website
- 14/04/17: Agenda - for the Parish Council Meeting on 19 April 2017.
- 05/04/17: Neighbourhood Plan - a link to the current Plan on the SDC website.
- 04/04/17: Agenda - for the Annual Parish Meeting on 26 April 2017.
- 04/04/17: Newsletters - April's Parish Council Newsletter.
- 04/04/17: E-News - latest E-News Bulletin from the Parish Council Clerk.
- 04/04/17: Local Groups - information and contact details for Bidford Area Community Choir.
- 02/04/17: Events - Salford Priors Ladies Group events for spring/summer 2017.
- 28/03/17: Notice - election of County Councillor for Bidford and Welford Division.
- 28/03/17: Notice - referendum on the Salford Priors Neighbourhood Plan.
- 28/03/17: Events - Cinema Club films for April 2017.
- 28/03/17: E-News - latest E-News Bulletin from the Parish Council Clerk.
- 28/03/17: Councillors - amended email addresses for certain Parish Councillors.
- 28/03/15: Memorial Hall - new website for Salford Priors Memorial Hall.
- 21/03/17: E-News - latest E-News Bulletin from the Parish Council Clerk.
- 21/03/17: Documents - Terms of Reference for Parish Council Working Groups.
- 21/03/17: Minutes - from March's Parish Council meeting.
- 13/03/17: Agenda - for the Parish Council Meeting on 15 March 2017.
- 08/03/17: Notice - interactive property-level Broadband Checker now available.
- 08/03/17: Minutes - from February's Parish Council meeting.
- Previous updates
This website was last updated on 14 April, 2017