To all Members of the Council
You are hereby summoned to attend an ordinary meeting of the Salford Priors Parish Council to be held in the Memorial Hall, Salford Priors on Wednesday 21st February at 7.00pm for the purpose of transacting the following business only.
Clerk to the Council
Thursday 15th February 2018
- Apologies: To receive apologies and agree the reason for absence.
- Register of Interests:
Members are reminded of the need to keep their register of interests up to date. Members are reminded that they must act solely in the public interest and should never improperly confer an advantage or disadvantage on any person or act to gain financial or
other material benefits for themselves, their family, a friend, or close associate.
Disclosure of Interests
Members to disclose any disclosable pecuniary interests in items on the Agenda and their nature.
Members to declare any other disclosable interests in items on the Agenda and their nature.
- Open Forum
Chairman to Move: The Meeting & Standing Orders be now adjourned:
- Open Forum:
At the Chairman’s discretion residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this Agenda, or raise issues for future consideration. Members of the public may not take part in the Parish Council Meeting. There will be no discussion by members of the Council during this session but the views expressed may be considered later as part of particular agenda items. During this period, in accordance with the revised Code of Conduct, members of the Council who have a disclosable interest (but not a disclosable pecuniary interest) in an item on the Agenda may also make representations, answer questions, or give evidence relating to that item.
- Open forum for the under 18s.
- To receive the Ward Member’s reports (3 minutes maximum each Ward Councillor)
- Chairman to Move: To close the adjournment and the suspension of Standing Orders.
To approve the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday 17th January 2018 at the Memorial Hall, Salford Priors.
- Clerk’s Progress Report : The Clerk to report on the following items :
- New Weethley sign
- Abbot’s Salford layby repairs
- Rats around bin by bus shelter outside shop
- Receive feedback from Stagecoach regarding bus stop outside village shop
- Crossroads sign by the Queens Head
Salford Priors Parish Council
- Orit service charge for grounds maintenance
- H&S issue B4088 footway
- Removal of ‘new speed limit applies’ sign
- Pothole on junction of Ban Brook Rd
- Streetlight contractor information
- Planning Matters To Consider:
- 17/02475/FUL – full application for the development of 14 new dwellings, car parking and
SUDs provision at land at Evesham Rd, Salford Priors – an amended layout, landscaping and dioversity information.
Planning Applications to Note :
- 18/00152/FUL – Erection of detached garage with storage in roof space at Dunnington Lodge, Broom Lane, Dunnington, B49 5NU. Following responses via email
- 18/00181/FUL – proposed timber frame detached carport, garage and store at The Garage, Salford Rd, Rushford, WR11 8SL
- 17/03253/FUL – Change of use of existing agricultural building and associated land for the sale, storage, display and distribution of farm machinery to serve farm machinery business and the storage of existing agricultural equipment at Mudwalls Farm. In addition to a
temporary three year permission for three office cabins to be associated with the farm machinery business at Mudwalls Farm, Salford Road, Dunnington, Salford Priors, B49 5PA
- 17/03160/FUL – erection of a two storey modular building to provide additional office space at Alamo Group Europe Ltd, Station Rd, Salford Priors. Permission granted with conditions.
- 17/003590/FUL – installation of 3 battery packs, an inverter and associated infrastructure to provide backup power to the poultry sheds for a period of 25 years at Salford Lodge Poultry, Salford Lodge Farm, Pitchill, Evesham – Permission Granted with Conditions
- 17/03678/FUL – Alterations to doors and windows, new external boiler and oil tank and minor landscaping to facilitate conversion from offices to dwelling house as approved under ref 17/00005/COUO at Old Forge Court, Iron Cross, Salford Priors. Permission Granted with Conditions.
- Playing Field: Inspections –
- To receive a report from the Clerk on Playing Field Inspections
- To consider the Working Party’s recommendations to award a contract for playing field equipment.
- Working Groups Update:
- Christmas Tree Switch On – not meeting until September
- A Nation’s Tribute
- Playing Field
- Minerals Plan – not yet met
- Highways :
- To note Lengthsman’s jobs issued from last Council meeting; comment on progress
- To consider future tasks to be issued to the Lengthsman
- To consider replacing the grit bin outside flats 13-19 Perkins Close, which is badly damaged (quotes enclosed)
- To consider the lease fee for allotments.
- The Clerk has received a complaint regarding 2 allotment plots, where a large amount of
Salford Priors Parish Council
soil has been deposited at the end of the allotment. To consider writing to tenant concerned.
- Community :
- To consider the co-option of a Councillor, following an application (enclosed)
- To note the Domesday Book is now held in the office, following its return from the school.
- To receive feedback regarding recent speed awareness training.
- Rights of Way :
To receive report from Cllr Penn on the Public Rights of Way within the Parish
- Matters raised by Councillors:
Matters raised by Councillors are considered under this item. Councillors are also invited to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. (At the discretion of the Chairman Councillors may raise items at the meeting if considered necessary and urgent).
- To consider adopting Model Publication Scheme for Freedom of Information requests & associated policies.
- To consider a response to a complaint received from a resident by Cllr Penn, regarding lorries at Angus Soft Fruits
- Consideration of Correspondence Received : (Yellow Papers)
- To consider a response from a resident regarding streetlighting on Evesham/Station Rd
- To consider a response to a 6 week consultation on the revised scope of its Site Allocations Plan.
- To consider quote for installation of 3 trees on B4088 at New Lane, Dunnington
- To consider appointing a representative to the William Perkins Trust following Mrs Susan Juned’s resignation.
- To consider a response from a resident regarding the adoption of the telephone box on School Rd.
- Correspondence to Note:
(‘Correspondence to Note’ items are held in a Circulation Folder available to Councillors during Parish Council Meetings. The Clerk will provide individual copies of correspondence for retention if required).
- Following the conversion of Salford Priors Primary School to an Academy, the Diocese of Coventry Multi Academy Trust is now the new leaseholder of the TOPs building.
- January update from the Warwickshire Police & Crime Commissioner
- The f indings of Stratford District Council consultant’s report looking at the mix of housing for the School Road, Salford Priors application for up to 68 dwellings.
- Peter Long, electrical contractor, has retired with immediate effect.
- LO1-18 Financial Assistance to the Church
- LTN82 – Compulsory Purchase Orders
- LTN87 – Procurement
- Police & Crime Commissioner February report
- Finance : General (Pink Papers)
- To confirm the grants received from County Councillor Mike Brain & Stratford District Council regarding amenity
- Consideration and approval of the payments and transfers listed in Appendix A
- To agree 2 Councillor Signatories to sign the cheques for payments listed in Appendix A
- To note the bank account balances
- Date of Next Meeting:
To confirm the date of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting at 7.00pm on Wednesday 21st March 2018 at the Memorial Hall Salford Priors.
- Closure of Meeting :
Salford Priors Parish Council