To all Members of the Council
You are hereby summoned to attend an ordinary meeting of the Salford Priors Parish Council to be held in the Memorial Hall, Salford Priors on Wednesday 21st November 2018 at 7.00pm for the purpose of transacting the following business only.
Clerk to the Council
Thursday 15th November 2018
- Apologies: To receive apologies and agree the reason for absence.
- Register of Interests:
Members are reminded of the need to keep their register of interests up to date. Members are reminded that they must act solely in the public interest and should never improperly confer an advantage or disadvantage on any person or act to gain financial or other material benefits for themselves, their family, a friend, or close associate.
Disclosure of Interests
Members to disclose any disclosable pecuniary interests in items on the Agenda and their nature.
Members to declare any other disclosable interests in items on the Agenda and their nature.
- Open Forum
Chairman to Move: The Meeting & Standing Orders be now adjourned:
- Open Forum:
At the Chairman’s discretion residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this Agenda, or raise issues for future consideration. Members of the public may not take part in the Parish Council Meeting. There will be no discussion by members of the Council during this session but the views expressed may be considered later as part of particular agenda items. During this period, in accordance with the revised Code of Conduct, members of the Council who have a disclosable interest (but not a disclosable pecuniary interest) in an item on the Agenda may also make representations, answer questions, or give evidence relating to that item.
- Open forum for the under 18s.
- To receive the Ward Member’s reports (3 minutes maximum each Ward Councillor)
- Chairman to Move: To close the adjournment and the suspension of Standing Orders.
To approve the Minutes of the Extra Ordinary Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday 7th November 2018 at the Memorial Hall, Salford Priors.
- Clerk’s Progress Report : Enclosed in agenda pack.
- Planning Matters:
Planning Matters To Consider :
- 18/03276/REM – reserved matters application following grant of 18/01498/OUT at land off School Rd, Salford Priors
Salford Priors Parish Council
- 18/02058/FUL – amended application for the construction of 2 detached houses with
access to Station Rd, turning and parking area and flood compensation measures at The Old Forge, Station Rd, Salford Priors
Planning Applications to Note :
- 18/02505/FUL – erection of 7 dwellings with associated works at Orchard Close, Evesham Rd, Salford Priors, WR11 8UU. Following an Extra Ordinary meeting on Wednesday 7th November it was decided to respond to the Planning Department with the following
The site is a rectilinear agricultural field north of the Evesham Road mostly abutting. However, a small section adjacent to the highway is within the Salford Priors Conservation Area – on the south eastern boundary by a Grade II listed timber framed circa 17th century Godiva Cottage with a small section of open road frontage to the Evesham Road adjacent to the Grade II listed Jasmine Cottage, also a circa 17th Century timber framed cottage, bordering this and the access to Orchard Close.
The appearance of the site is open road frontage consisting of a steep, grass bank rising away from the highway with the site gently sloping towards the flatter more open land behind.
The significance of the conservation area of Salford Priors lies primarily in the number and quality of its early half-timbered cottages and the architectural character of the other older buildings, rather than the overall morphology of the settlement, this due to the dominant influence upon the settlement pattern being the alignment of the road through the village which has resulted in a strong linear form with the older buildings within the settlement having a particular relationship with the highway.
National Planning Policy Framework
Stratford on Avon District Council Core Strategy
Salford Seven Neighbourhood Development Plan
Supplementary Planning Guidance
Salford Priors Parish – Village Design Statement
On the 17th July 2017 the Salford Seven Neighbourhood Development Plan was adopted as part of the Development Plan. Paragraph 6.18 of the NDP states “The Salford Priors Neighbourhood Development Plan will provide a minimum of 134 new homes over the plan period 2011-2031. This includes 60 existing commitments”.
This figure is above the Core Strategy recommendation CS.15 which identifies Salford Priors as a Category 2 Local Service Village and that in LSVs development will take place on sites identified in a Neighbourhood Plan; and through small scale schemes on unidentified but suitable sites within the Built-up Boundaries (where defined) or otherwise within their physical confines.
As a Category 2 Local Service Village Salford Priors would deliver 84 houses, the core strategy states that no more than 12% of the requirement of Policy CS. 16 of approximately 700 homes should be provided in any individual settlement.
Salford Priors has provided: 60 built houses, 12 under construction, 68 with outline planning consent, a total of 140 houses committed and a site with a further 2 dwellings with a live
Salford Priors Parish Council
planning application in process.
- Not in conformity of the polices set out in the Development Plan policies CS.15 & CS.16 or Policy SP 7 of the Salford Seven Neighbourhood Development Plan
- Salford Priors has met its requirement within the core strategy as a local service village to provide housing.
- Impact of the Grade II Listed building known as Godiva Cottage – the proposed development would have detrimental impact on the listed building and cause harm to its setting.
- Impact on the street scene and bears no relationship to the established setting or character of the conservation area village which has resulted in a strong linear form with the older buildings within the settlement having a particular relationship with the highway.
- The size shape of the plot would not permit development of a standard compatible with existing development in the area and would therefore be detrimental to the amenity of the locality.
- The site was considered within the Neighbourhood Plan consultation and deemed unsuitable for inclusion.
- Over 30 years as open space which has significantly enhances the open aspect of the Conservation Area preserving the historical character of the oldest part of the village.
- The proposed scheme will have a detrimental impact on the visual aspect of neighbouring properties.
Once a Neighbourhood Development Plan has demonstrated its general conformity with the strategic policies of the Local Plan and is brought into force, the policies it contains take precedence over existing non strategic policies in the Local Plan for that neighbourhood, where they are in conflict. Local planning authorities should avoid duplicating planning processes for non – strategic policies where a Neighbourhood Development Plan is in preparation. ” (NPPF, paragraph 185).
Significantly, paragraph 198 of NPPF states that “ where a planning application conflicts with a Neighbourhood Development Plan that has been brought into force planning permission should not normally be granted”
In conclusion the Parish strongly objects to the proposed development. To grant would be a travesty to local democracy and render the neighbourhood planning proves in the district a complete farce, and undermine public confidence in the Planning Authority.
Planning Decisions :
- 18/01808/FUL– Conversion of agricultural buildings into 3 dwellings with all associated works at Wood Bevington Farm, Wood Bevington, Alcester, B49 5LX – Planning Permission is granted subject to conditions.
- 18/01809/LBC – Conversion of agricultural buildings into 3 dwellings with all associated works at Wood Bevington Farm, Wood Bevington, Alcester, B49 5LX – Listed Building Consent is granted subject to conditions.
- 18/02604/FUL – replace existing redundant greenhouse with agricultural workshop – Planning permission granted subject to conditions.
- Playing Field: Inspections –
- To receive a report from the Clerk on Playing Field Inspections
- To note annual play inspection report and consider any works necessary (in agenda pack)
|Salford Priors Parish Council|
|c)||To receive a report from Clerk regarding Playing Field Inspections course (in agenda pack)|
|9.||Working Groups Update:|
|a)||Christmas Tree Switch On – to receive report from meeting 8.11.18|
|b)||A Nation’s Tribute – to receive final report & to consider closing the group|
|c)||Communications – meeting to be held on 26.11.18|
|d)||NDP – to receive report from meeting 14.11.18|
|e)||Streetlights – date to be set|
|f)||Amenity – date to be set for the New Year|
|g)||Staffing – to consider the review of Grievance & Disciplinary Policies|
|a)||To note Lengthsman’s jobs issued from last Council meeting; comment on progress|
|b)||To consider future tasks to be issued to the Lengthsman|
|To consider 2 street names for the new development at School Rd (information emailed|
|13.||Rights of Way :|
|a)||To receive report from Cllr Penn on the Public Rights of Way within the Parish|
|b)||To consider organising a PROW guided walk|
|14.||Matters raised by Councillors:|
|Matters raised by Councillors are considered under this item. Councillors are also invited to use|
|this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda|
|and to raise items for future agendas. (At the discretion of the Chairman Councillors may raise|
|items at the meeting if considered necessary and urgent).|
|Cllr Green – for Councillors to think about budgetary requirements for December meeting.|
|15.||Consideration of Correspondence Received : (Yellow Papers)|
|a)||To consider a response to email regarding litter|
|b)||To consider grant request from VASA|
|16.||Correspondence to Note:|
|(‘Correspondence to Note’ items are held in a Circulation Folder available to Councillors during|
|Parish Council Meetings. The Clerk will provide individual copies of correspondence for retention|
|a)||Email from Sandfields re vandalism|
|b)||Email from resident regarding streetlights|
|c)||LTN31 Local Council General Powers – updated|
|d)||To note a refund of £1,052.96 has been received from Npower for streetlighting contract|
|17.||Finance : General (Pink Papers)|
|a)||To consider appointment of Mr Geoff Bradley to carry out an interim internal audit for the|
|Parish Council accounts 2017/18 during December/January 2017|
|b)||To consider the cost of refurbishing the telephone kiosk|
|c)||Consideration and approval of the payments and transfers listed in Appendix A|
|d)||To agree 2 Councillor Signatories to sign the cheques/BACS remittances for payments listed|
|e)||in Appendix A|
|To note the bank account balances|
|To note Clerk is on holiday wef 24.11-1.12.|
|19.||Date of Next Meeting:|
|To confirm the date of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting at 7.00pm on Wednesday 19th|
|December to discuss the budget at the Memorial Hall Salford Priors.|
|20.||Closure of Meeting :|
Salford Priors Parish Council