To all Members of the Council
You are hereby summoned to attend an ordinary meeting of the Salford Priors Parish Council to be held in the Memorial Hall, Salford Priors on Wednesday 15th January 2020 at 7.00pm for the purpose of transacting the following business only.
Clerk to the Council Thursday 9th January 2020
|1.||To Receive & Accept Apologies:|
|2.||Register of Interests:
Members are reminded of the need to keep their register of interests up to date.
Members are reminded that they must act solely in the public interest and should never
improperly confer an advantage or disadvantage on any person or act to gain financial or other
material benefits for themselves, their family, a friend, or close associate.
Disclosure of Interests
Members to declare any other disclosable interests in items on the Agenda and their nature.
Chairman to Move: The Meeting & Standing Orders be now adjourned:
a. Open Forum:
At the Chairman’s discretion residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this Agenda, or raise issues for future consideration. Members of the public may not take part in the Parish Council Meeting. There will be no discussion by members of the Council during this session but the views expressed may be considered later as part of particular agenda items. During this period, in accordance with the revised Code of Conduct, members of the Council who have a disclosable interest (but not a disclosable pecuniary interest) in an item on the Agenda may also make representations, answer questions, or give evidence relating to that item.
b. Open forum for the under 18s.
c. To receive the Ward Member’s reports (3 minutes maximum each Ward Councillor)
|4.||Chairman to Move: To close the adjournment and the suspension of Standing Orders.|
To approve the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday 18th December 2019 at the Memorial Hall, Salford Priors.
Planning Matters To Consider :
19/03548/FUL – erection of two storey side extension at 3 Fern Close Cottages, Rushford, WR11 8SL Please note all planning matters considered and decisions received are in the Clerk’s Progress Report.
|7.||Clerk’s Progress Report :
To note report in agenda pack.
It was noted the monthly playing field inspection took place on 30th December with nothing to report.
Following the annual inspection report the Clerk has investigated the queries and Members noted the comments below:
· The Cableway has a Critical Fall Height of just 1m, therefore safer surfacing is not actually required for compliance to EN standards of play safety as the grass around it has inherent impact attenuation properties of up to 1.5m. However to retain/maintain these inherent properties can be difficult after periods of heavy use, ground wear and dry periods leading to ground compaction, therefore it is common practice to provide a wear strip of grass mats to protect the main wear areas from erosion/compaction which is typically either side of the centre line of the cable and at the drop point. If however there have been additional compacted areas created either side of the 3m width of mats then the PC may wish to add additional mats to cover the full width to 4m…..however Kompan doubt this would be necessary depending upon the risk factor attributed by the inspector.
· Inspector advises that signs should be placed on all approach routes and should be few in number, large in size, clear in appearance and content and be durable. Signs should state the exclusion of dogs, give the name of the site, details of ownership or management of the facility, and identify the nearest A&E centre. Additional problems such as bonfires, horse riding, golf practice, perhaps motorcycling, unauthorised camping or drink and drug use might require a mention but these are often local and short lived issues or concerns.
· The sign for the trampoline area is in place.
· Clerk has arranged with Pete Batacanin to set up a maintenance plan to check bolts etc
· Kompan inspected the issue regarding the drainage issue under the swings and concluded that the problem appears to be the concrete base the wetpour is installed upon, or the levels of it to the surrounding ground. The water simply cannot escape from this low point.
· The inclusive roundabout has now received maintenance and is in fully working order.
a) To note Lengthsman’s jobs issued from last Council meeting; comment on progress
b) To consider future tasks to be issued to the Lengthsman
To note a further allotment has now been leased. This leaves one remaining.
|11.||Rights of Way :
To receive report from Cllr Penn on the Public Rights of Way within the Parish
|12.||Working Groups Update:
a) Christmas Tree Switch On – to receive report from Cllr Pattison.
b) Communications – to receive update regarding publications of newsletter, book of walks and Introduction to Salford Priors.
c) Streetlights – no meeting has taken place.
d) CIL – to receive update from recent meeting and consider any decisions required.
e) Amenity – this will be reviewed shortly as the contract is in its final year.
f) To note that Cllr Green & Clerk are still working on assessing the assets and insurance values.
g) To note that Clerk is working on the Emergency Community Plan now that relevant information has been received from Warwickshire County Council & Stratford District Council.
Receive designs for telephone kiosk & notice
|14.||Matters raised by Councillors:
Matters raised by Councillors are considered under this item. Councillors are also invited to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. (At the discretion of the Chairman Councillors may raise items at the meeting if considered necessary and urgent).
|15.||Consideration of Correspondence Received : (Yellow Papers)
To consider a further dog bin dispenser be installed at the approach to Salford Priors from Abbot’s Salford on the Evesham Rd.
|16.||Correspondence to Note:
(‘Correspondence to Note’ items are held in a Circulation Folder available to Councillors during Parish Council Meetings. The Clerk will provide individual copies of correspondence for retention if required).
a) Complaints Procedure
b) Health & Safety Policy
|18.||Finance : General (Pink Papers)
a) To consider and approve the third quarterly bank reconciliation, account balances and income and expenditure budgets
b) To note Section 137 Expenditure for 20/21 is £8.32 per elector
c) To note precept request has been forwarded to Stratford District Council
d) Consideration and approval of the payments and transfers listed in Appendix A
e) To agree 2 Councillor Signatories to sign the cheques/BACS remittances for payments listed in Appendix A
f) To note the bank account balances
|19.||Date of Next Meeting:
To confirm the date of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting at 7.00pm on Wednesday 19thFebruary 2020 at the Memorial Hall Salford Priors.
|20.||Closure of Meeting :|