July Ordinary Parish Council Meeting 20.7.22

To all Members of the Council

You are hereby summoned to attend an ordinary meeting of the Salford Priors Parish Council to be held at The Memorial Hall, Salford Priors on Wednesday 20th July 2022 at 7.00pm for the purpose of transacting the following business only.

Donna Bowles
Clerk to the Council                                                                             




1.       To Receive & Accept Apologies:
2.       Register of Interests:

Members are reminded of the need to keep their register of interests up to date.

Members are reminded that they must act solely in the public interest and should never

improperly confer an advantage or disadvantage on any person or act to gain financial or other

material benefits for themselves, their family, a friend, or close associate.


Disclosure of Interests
Members to disclose any disclosable pecuniary interests in items on the Agenda and their nature.


Members to declare any other disclosable interests in items on the Agenda and their nature.

3.      Open Forum

Chairman to Move: The Meeting & Standing Orders be now adjourned:


a. Open Forum:

At the Chairman’s discretion residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this Agenda, or raise issues for future consideration.  Members of the public may not take part in the Parish Council Meeting.  There will be no discussion by members of the Council during this session but the views expressed may be considered later as part of particular agenda items.  During this period, in accordance with the revised Code of Conduct, members of the Council who have a disclosable interest (but not a disclosable pecuniary interest) in an item on the Agenda may also make representations, answer questions, or give evidence relating to that item.


b. Open forum for the under 18s.

c. To receive the Ward Member’s reports (3 minutes maximum each Ward Councillor)

Chairman to Move: To close the adjournment and the suspension of Standing Orders

4.       Minutes:

To approve the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday 15th June 2022 at the Baptist Church Hall, Dunnington.

5.     Planning Matters:

Nothing to report to date.

6.       Clerk’s Progress Report :

To note report in agenda pack.

7.       Playing Field:

a)     To note new roundabout has been ordered and quotes requested for grass safety matting extension around the multi-goal area.

b)     To consider requesting a new quote for playing field works. Clerk advised that there is still moss clearance and slitting works to be carried out on the playing field, however with the increased costs in materials the contractor has requested that the Parish Council as for a new quote.

8.   Highways :

a)     To note Lengthsman’s jobs issued from last Council meeting; comment on progress

b)     To consider future tasks to be issued to the Lengthsman

9.   Garden Allotments:

Nothing to report.

10.  Rights of Way :

To receive report from Cllr R Green on the Public Rights of Way within the Parish

11.   Working Groups Update: 

a)     Christmas Tree Switch On – to note Clerk has accepted a quote to install power to the outside of the Baptist Hall, Dunnington.

b)     Infrastructure & Built Environment: to receive a report on the following:

–        Highways

–        Public Open Space

–        NDP

–        Playing Field

–        Leisure Trails

–        Allotments

–        PROW

c)      Communications:

–        To note purchase order has been issued for the newsletter printing

–        to consider placing a piece in The Connection magazine.

d)     Queen’s Jubilee:

–        To note income and expenditure for this event.

e)     Planning Committee:

–        To consider setting up a Planning Committee as per advice from WALC.

12.   Community :

a)     To consider request from Memorial Hall to advertise events jointly to residents.

b)     To note the litter pick has taken place.

c)      To consider the purchase of 20 is plenty signage.

d)     To note vandalism of the telephone box and consider the way forward. Clerk has reported vandalism to the police.

e)     To receive update regarding the Warm Hub.

13.   Matters raised by Councillors:

Matters raised by Councillors are considered under this item. Councillors are also invited to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. (At the discretion of the Chairman Councillors may raise items at the meeting if considered necessary and urgent).

Cllr Singh – increased vandalism

Cllr Maude – to consider removing Cllr email addresses from the website due to phishing attempts

14.   Consideration of Correspondence Received :

a)     To consider responding to the Revised Preferred Options SAP Consultation

b)     To consider response to email re traffic calming (emailed 4.7.22)

c)      To consider response to email re police response (emailed 6.7.22)

d)     To consider grant application

15.    Correspondence to Note:

(The Clerk will provide individual copies of correspondence for retention if required).

a)     Email from Rev David Mackay (emailed 16.6.22)

b)     Email re speeding (emailed 4.7.22)

16.   Policy Reviews:

Working Group

17.   Finance : General

a)     To consider and approve the first quarterly bank reconciliation, account balances and income and expenditure budgets.

b)     To consider the email from EdgeIT regarding multi-factor authentication.

c)      As there is not a meeting in August to agree that any regular monthly invoices requiring payment be approved via email by Chair or Vice-Chair.  These payments to then be retrospectively approved in September.

d)     Consideration and approval of the payments and transfers listed in Appendix A and to agree 2 Councillor Signatories to sign the cheques/BACS remittances for payments listed in Appendix A

e)     To note the bank account balances

18.  Date of Next Meeting:

To confirm the date of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting at 7.00pm on Wednesday 21st September 2022 at the Memorial Hall Salford Priors.

19.   Closure of Meeting :