Minutes of an Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held in The Memorial Hall, Salford Priors on Wednesday 19th February 2019.
Present: Councillors: Cllr L Maude (Vice-Chairman), K Pattison, J Stedman, K James, D Penn, T Shale (19:15) District Councillor Mark Cargill
Also in attendance: 3 members of the public.
|173||Apologies accepted for absence:
Cllr Green – Vice-Chairman Cllr Maude chaired the meeting in his absence Cllr Gordon
|174||Register of Interests: Members were reminded of the need to keep their register of interests up to date|
|175||Declaration of Interests: Members were asked to disclose any disclosable pecuniary interests in items on the Agenda and their nature. Councillors with a disclosable pecuniary interest are required to leave the room for the relevant agenda item.
Cllrs James & Stedman – 180b and 180c – playing field works
a) Pecuniary Interests.
Members were asked to declare any other disclosable interests in items on the Agenda and their nature.
b) Other Disclosable Interests. None.
|176||Open Forum: The Chairman moved that the meeting be adjourned for the Public Open Forum and this was agreed.
a) Have your say. No under 18s were present.
b) A resident raised a query regarding the issues with the speed awareness group – this to be covered later in the meeting. He also reported the damaged Evesham Rd sign – Clerk confirmed this had been reported to Stratford District Council. There is an issue regarding the footway from Abbot’s Salford through to Harvington – Clerk to bring this to the attention of Highways once more. Fly tipping on New Inn Lane was also reported – Clerk to report this to Stratford District Council.
Another resident also reported the state of the footway from A46 coming into Salford Priors and requested these be cleared of the leaves. Clerk to inform Lengthsman.
c) District Councillor Mark Cargill reported –
1. The budget for Stratford District Council has been proposed at a 1.5% increase this year with a 2% increase thereafter. Warwickshire County Council’s budget has been passed at a 4.99% increase. An increase of £24 has been agreed for the PCC.
2. Wellesbourne airfield is still progressing.
3. Fire & Rescue Service – following lobbying the proposal to remove the two retained fire engines from Coleshill and Stratford have been reversed. This is good news for the region.
4. Hospital to Home – the FRS, using volunteers, have effectively contracted to take patients from hospital to home freeing up beds.
5. Gypsy & Traveller Supplementary Planning Document – this will be coming before cabinet in March/April
6. Barclays Bank closing in Alcester. Sue Adams and District Councillor Mark Cargill are arranging a meeting with the manager next week. Will update later.
7. Planning – A planning application for static caravans at the land to the back of The Vineyard, Abbot’s Salford will be coming before the Parish Council in due course.
|8. Proposal of School Rd development. There is a query regarding the hedging for this application. Parish Council to await a revised application.
9. Cycleways – He stated there is a sum of money for cycle routes in the County budget – he will find out which Officer is responsible.
10. Cllr Maude stated the PC’s dissatisfaction regarding the traveler consultation. District Councillor Mark Cargill will take this up with the Officer concerned and feedback response to Clerk.
11. Affordable housing – looking at exploring some ideas through different routes.
The Chairman closed the adjournment at 19:40 hrs.
|177||Acceptance of Minutes:
The minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday 16th January 2019 at The Memorial Hall, Salford Priors were agreed by the Council to be a true record of the meeting and signed by the Chairman.
|178||Clerk’s Progress Report:
a) H&S issue B4088 footway – ongoing. Awaiting an update. Clerk to monitor.
b) Tothall Lane repairs – Clerk has been assured by Alan Caldwell-Jones these works have been carried out however it is still in very poor condition. He has stated he will contact Severn Trent regarding this. Clerk to monitor
c) Evesham Rd speeding – PCSO Becky Morris is no longer a part of the team and Clerk is trying to ascertain who has taken her place. Clerk to monitor.
d) Blocked land drain at Pitchill – following notification from Warwickshire County Council that there is a lack of registration on the Land Registry Portal regarding this area, Clerk has written to resident, on advice from Chairman, stating that it is felt the Parish Council has done everything they can to ascertain who owns the land, and there is nothing further to be done. Noted and Closed.
e) Speed Awareness – Without the appropriate number of volunteers this group is finding it difficult to meet, let alone obtain the speed gun from Alcester.
f) Highway road sign at the approach to Iron Cross crossroads – ongoing. The contractor is extremely behind with works. Clerk to monitor.
g) Wetlands area – Heather Cowling, Highways England has been able to secure funding to carry out some works at Salford Priors. Works include pollarding, felling and removal work to hazardous/infected trees within areas of the estate as well as a small section of trees on 3rd party land, to which she has secured the permission of the landowner to carry out these works. It is anticipated these works will start this month which should take 1 week to complete. Clerk to monitor.
h) TOPs building received an electrical installation inspection on 11th Jan. The report has now been received and will be discussed under agenda item 14e.
i) Land at Perkins Close – Clerk has received a response from Orbit who have informed the residents of the property in question it is their responsibility to maintain the land. Clerk to monitor.
j) Salford House Residence for the Retired – Clerk has sent a letter thanking them for making the footway safe and requesting when they anticipate the wall being repaired. Clerk to monitor.
|179||Planning Matters To Consider :
a) 19/00266/FUL – Construction of 2 detached houses with new access to Station Rd, parking and turning space and flood compensation measures (resubmission following withdrawal of application 18/02058/FUL) at The Old Forge, Station Rd, Salford Priors, WR11 8UX. Following discussion it was agreed for Clerk to return the comments – “All issues raised by the Parish Council in the previous application have been addressed and therefore we have no objection’.
b) 19/00101/VARY – Application to Vary Condition 2 and 4 of 16/00057/VARY [Variation of condition 4 of approval S92/0496 to allow the use of the site as a holiday park for 11 months (11 month holiday season)] to allow the use of 9no. caravans as permanent residential units at Willow Park, Station Rd, Salford Priors, WR11 8UP. Following discussion it was agreed for Clerk to return the comments “No objection”
|Planning Applications to Note :
c) 19/00112/FUL – Proposed garage and kitchen and bathroom replacement and a side ground and first floor extension to include additional bedroom at 2 School Avenue, Salford Priors. An extensive material start has been made under planning reference 19/00116/FUL. Following consultation via email Clerk responded with “Salford Priors Parish Council has no objection to this provided the planning officer is satisfied that parking and vehicle turning provisions are appropriate for the site. The application may well be considered an over development of the site creating a cramped development and adverse street scene”.
a) The monthly playing field inspection was carried out on 3rd January 2019 with one comment – one of the goal posts is wobbly in one of the bottom corners. The Lengthsman has now corrected this.
Cllrs James & Stedman left the meeting.
b) 3 quotes were received for the sward treatment. Unfortunately one quote did not provide a price for over-seeding – Clerk has been asked to return to the contractor requesting the update. This to be reviewed at the March meeting.
c) Although 4 quotes were requested for the playing field fence, only 2 were received. Councillors agreed to go with the cheapest quote. Clerk to inform the successful contractor.
Cllrs James & Stedman returned to the meeting.
a) Christmas Tree Switch On – update received via agenda pack. Next meeting to take place in September.
b) Communications – Recommendations from the recent meeting are:
1. To accept offer by Stratford District Council to carry out a parish questionnaire, using a Freepost envelope for replies. Estimated cost £1,300-1,400. Councillors agreed.
2. To approve questions for the parish questionnaire – Councillors confirmed they are happy with the questions.
3. To move ahead with the new website. Councillors agreed. Clerk to arrange the set-up of this.
4. Cllr Pattison held a meeting recently regarding the way forward with the telephone kiosk. Three residents attended. The Parish Council are reluctant to move ahead with this project at the present time as it would appear the initial support seems to have dissipated. It was decided to discuss this at the Annual Parish Meeting in April with the Clerk informing the Facebook group. Clerk to arrange the disconnection of the electrical supply following quote received from Western Power.
5. Cllr Gordon is contacting the school to ask the children to make posters advertising the speed awareness group and the issues with dog fouling.
c) NDP/Cycleways –The group has elected officers and is managing its own funds and is no longer a Parish Council working group but a group in its own right therefore there is no need to report on a regular basis. Additional: Alan Granger has confirmed that the Marsh Farm Quarry restoration plan includes a wildlife footpath however this is waiting for drainage works to be completed.
d) Streetlights –
1. It was noted Clerk has renewed the maintenance contract with Warwickshire County Council to streetlights for FY 19/20. The cost of this is £1.93 plus VAT for LED lanterns and £9.88 plus VAT for non LED lanterns.
2. At the recent meeting the group went through the proposed scheme for the Priors Grange development. Due to the level of sophistication being proposed the question was raised whether there will be a service charge for the proposed DALI system. It was decided to send a questionnaire to the Priors Grange residents stating that the Parish Council are considering a new reduced lighting scheme and asking residents whether they are in favour of this or whether they would like the streetlights removed completely.
3. Clerk is in the process of obtaining a quote to run a supply from TOPs to the solar light pole, replace the lamp and put on a timer, with the solar light by the scout hut being removed.
|a) Most jobs have now been completed – the brambles by the TOPs building works outstanding.
b) Future jobs –
1. Clear the leaves on the footway from the A46 to St Matthews Church
2. Clear the footway and gutter from Salford House to Bomford Way
c) Two emails had been received regarding the position for general repairs and maintenance – Clerk to contact one of the contractors obtaining insurance details and requesting the bus shelter at Irons Cross be repaired.
a) Following discussion it was decided there is not a litter problem within the village and therefore not to register in The Daily Mail Great British Spring Clean.
b) It was decided to position the new dog bag dispenser opposite the entrance to Angus Soft Fruits on School Rd.
c) The telephone kiosk was discussed under minute 181b.
|184||Rights of Way:
Cllr Penn had nothing to report.
Clerk confirmed the Ragley quarry steps have now been repaired.
|185||Matters raised by Councillors: The following matters were raised by Council Members: None|
|186||Correspondence Considered: (Yellow papers)
a) A letter has been received from Salford Priors Memorial Hall requesting the Parish Council consider adding the 2 planters in the Memorial Garden to the Amenity contract. This was agreed by all Councillors.
b) A letter has been received requesting support for the Hearts & Homes Charity. Councillors stated this is not seen as a responsibility of the Parish Council and feels it is not something it can support.
c) An Intention to Prepare a Local plan has been received. Cllr James to prepare a response regarding the areas concerning the parish.
d) Councillors discussed the response to the Gypsy & Traveller Accommodation Assessment. Clerk to email response.
e) The TOPs building electrical report was considered. Clerk to obtain quotes for all works recommended. To go ahead with the works if quotes come in below £500. She has also been asked to obtain an Asbestos Management Report for the building.
FOI request asking how much money was spent on gas & electricity for 2016, 2017 & 2018
a) The council gave consideration and approval of the payments listed in Appendix A. These were proposed by Cllr James, seconded by Cllr Pattison and agreed by all Councillors.
b) It was agreed that Cllrs Shale & Maude would sign cheques/BACS remittances for payments listed in Appendix A (Minute 192).
The Council noted the account balances reconciled with the Lloyds Bank Current Account statement Number 92 and Deposit Account Statement 39 issued 1st January 2019:-
Lloyds Deposit Account: £76,106.19 Lloyds Current Account £ 8,945.90 Total Fund Balance £85,052.09
|189||Date of Next Meeting:
Council confirmed the date of the next Ordinary Parish Council Meeting on Wednesday 20th March 2019 at 7.00pm in the Memorial Hall, Salford Priors.
|190||Closure of Meeting: The Chairman closed the meeting at 21:45 hrs|
- APPENDIX A: FINANCE
|000525||Namesco Ltd||SMTP Access||21.00||3.50||17.50|
|000526||HMRC||Clerk & PC NIC||26.97||26.97|
|000527||AVCFRS||Life Support Training Session||70.00||70.00|
|BACS||JRB Enterprise Ltd||Dog Bag bin & bags||166.20||27.70||138.50|
|BACS||Mrs D Bowles||Clerk’s Salary & Expenses||****||****|
|BACS||Limebridge Rural Services Ltd||Playing Field Works||156.00||26.00||130.00|
|BACS||Salford Priors CE Academy||TOPS Rental 01/01- 31/03/19||168.75||168.75|
|BACS||P Batacanin||Playing Field Inspection||10.00||10.00|
|BACS||J Hyde||Lengthsman Tasks||108.00||108.00|
|BACS||ARC Electrical||TOPs inspection||180.00||30.00||150.00|
|BACS||Edge IT Systems Ltd||Hosted Services – Finance Package||319.20||53.20||266.00|
|DD||CF Corporate Finance Ltd||Photocopier Rental Jan||42.00||7.00||35.00|
|DD||CF Corporate Finance Ltd||Photocopier Rental Feb||42.00||7.00||35.00|
|DD||Lloyds Bank||Bank Chargess||36.32||36.32|
|DD||EDF Energy||TOPs Electricity||52.00||52.00|