Minutes 19th June 2019

Minutes of an Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held in The Baptist Church Hall, Dunnington on Wednesday 19th June 2019

 Present: Councillors: Cllr A Green (Chairman), K Pattison, L Maude, J Stedman, K James,D Penn, P Gordon, C Hickman & County Councillor Mike Brain

Also in attendance:8 members of the public.

1 Apologies accepted for absence:

Cllr Shale

2 Register of Interests: Members were reminded of the need to keep their register of interests up to date
3 Declaration of Interests: Members were asked to disclose any disclosable pecuniary interests in items on the Agenda and their nature.  Councillors with a disclosable pecuniary interest are required to leave the room for the relevant agenda item.

a)    Pecuniary Interests.

Members were asked to declare any other disclosable interests in items on the Agenda and their nature.

b)    Other Disclosable Interests. None.

4 Open Forum: The Chairman moved that the meeting be adjourned for the Public Open Forum and this was agreed.

Questions were raised by members of the public as follows:

1.     Whether the speed awareness group will be active in areas of Dunnington.  It was pointed out that there has been a severe lack of volunteers to date and the group has not been active anywhere.  Since the parish wide questionnaire was sent out some volunteers have come forward, and the Clerk will be following this up.  She will also contact the police to see about organising designated areas in Dunnington for the group to work from.

2.     There is an issue regarding a number of public rights of way footpaths which are not being maintained around Dunnington.  This is a County Council issue; however, the footpaths warden Cllr Penn will look into this.  County Councillor Mike Brain provided an email address for residents to contact with any queries regarding footpaths –richardbarnard@warwickshire.gov.uk. There was also a request to consider a circular walk however this is a very lengthy process and requires the permission of landowners.

3.     Residents are worried about the effects of tankers from Severn Trent Water and advised that waste is coming onto footpaths.  The Parish Council have already had several conversations with Severn Trent and been advised that they will not replace the sewage plant.  Stratford District Council have also visited the site and have informed the Parish Council there is not an environmental health issue.

4.     A query was raised regarding the verges, requesting that perhaps not all verges are cut.  Warwickshire County Council cut these verges twice a year and the Parish Council have no input on this.

5.     Residents would like to encourage the Ragley estate to preserve the hedgerows.  Unfortunately, there isn’t anything the Parish Council can do, however Cllr Hickman advised that the RSPB may be able to help with this.

6.     There is concern regarding tankers coming from Leicester to dump human waste on the Ragley Estate.  Clerk to contact Ragley to ensure this is being properly contained.

7.     Would the Parish Council consider purchasing a speed gun?  This is something County Councillor Mike Brain may be able to help with.

a)     Have your say. No under 18s were present.

b)     County Councillor Mike Brain reported:

1.     All gutters and drains have been cleared

2.     Top dressing on footways have been applied

3.     He has taken on board issues regarding the grass verges and public rights of way.

District Councillor Fleming was unable to attend due to a compulsory training session in Stratford.

The Chairman closed the adjournment at 19:40 hrs.

5 Acceptance of Minutes:

a)     The Minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday 15th May 2019 at The Memorial Hall, Salford Priors were agreed by the Council to be a true record of the meeting and signed by the Chairman.

b)     The Minutes of the One Hundredth & Twenty-fifth Annual Meeting held on Wednesday 15th May 2019 at the Memorial Hall, Salford Priors were agreed by the Council to be a true record of the meeting and signed by the Chairman.

6 Clerk’s Progress Report:

a)     CALA Homes are considering the request to sponsor the telephone kiosk refurbishment.  They are also in the process of arranging a meeting for residents.

b)     Evesham Rd speeding – PCSO Carolyn Davis has confirmed she will be carrying out regular speed checks.  Clerk to monitor.

c)     Speed Awareness – No further update.

d)     Highway road sign at the approach to Iron Cross crossroads – ongoing.  Clerk to monitor.

e)     Salford House Residence for the Retired boundary wall – Clerk has spoken with someone at the home who has stated they are waiting for someone to look at the trees before the wall can be repaired.  She is awaiting a phone call from the owner.  No further update. Clerk to monitor.

f)      Bus Shelter at Iron’s Crossthese works have now been completed.  Noted and Closed.

g)     Solar light on playing field – Clerk has received one quote to the value of £2,410.  She is waiting to hear from the Streetlight Working Group regarding whether to move forward to obtain 2 further quotes or whether this is considered too high a price to proceed. Clerk awaiting instructions.

h)     Asbestos Management Report – This has now been received from RSK and was sent to Members on 28.5.19 via email. Noted and Closed.

i)      Telephone kiosk refurbishment – Lengthsman has been unwell for a period of time but has now returned to work and will look into the works required.  Clerk to monitor.

7 Planning Matters:

Planning Matters Considered:

a)     19/00101/VARY – application to vary Condition 2 & 4 of 16/00057/VARY (Variation of condition 4 of approval S92/0496) to allow the use of the site as a holiday park for 11 months (11 month holiday season) to allow the use of 9 no. caravans as permanent residential units at Willow Park, Station Rd, Salford Priors, WR11 8UP.  Following discussion, it was unanimously agreed that Clerk would respond siting the reasons for the refusal of the first application, also stating that it is outside of the development area and could set a precedent for other developments.  If approved the occupancy would be impossible to monitor on the expanse of the site.

Planning Applications Noted:

b)     19/01307/FUL – Proposed erection of a 6 car garage at Burleigh House Chapel Oak Salford Priors Evesham WR11 8SP.  Following consultation via email with Members Clerk returned the response “No Objection”

Planning Decisions:

c)     19/01013/TREE – T1 yew reduce canopy height from 7.5m to 5-5.5m at St Matthews Church, Station Rd, Salford Priors. No objection

d)     19/00798/FUL – Demolish single storey extension.  Erect two storey rear extension and dormer window.  Move entrance to side elevation at 11 Abbots Salford, Evesham, WR11 8UT. Planning Permission Granted Subject to Conditions.

e)     19/00381/FUL – New shared access, driveway and parking arrangements and erection of a fence at 15 and 16 School Rd, Salford Priors, WR11 8XD.  Planning Permission Granted Subject to Conditions.

f)      19/00897/FUL – Construction of a Multi-Use-Games-Area (MUGA), including change of use of the site from horticultural to recreational (Class D2) at the Orchard School of Cookery, Evesham Rd, Salford Priors, WR11 8UU.  Planning Permission Granted Subject to Conditions.

8 Playing Field:

The monthly inspection was carried out on 31st May.  The inspector stated that the gap reported in the previous minutes is 10mm.  Kompan have confirmed they will repair this.  He also reported there is mole activity on the eastern side of the playing field.  Clerk has instructed Rob Petherbridge to look into this.


Clerk also reported that she has received an email stating that there is an issue with one of the skate ramps.  Clerk has requested Cllr Penn to look into this.


The Lengthsman has tightened the goal frames and checked the skateboard surface.  He has reported that it needs about 50mm of the concrete removing and replacing with drive repair tarmac that will wear better.  Clerk has received a quote for approx £100 for these works and will instruct the Lengthsman to proceed.


Clerk meeting with Lengthsman 20th June to discuss the moving of the 5-a-side goalposts.

9 Working Groups:

a)     Christmas Tree Switch On – not meeting until September

b)     Communications – a meeting was held on 5th June to discuss the draft final report on the Salford Priors Parish Survey 2019 as prepared by Stratford District Council – Performance, Consultation and Insight Unit May 2019.  It is proposed that:

1.     the report is accepted as per the final draft and acknowledge with thanks the work carried out by Stratford District Council on this project.

2.     Action the spreadsheet that contains the volunteer information as soon as possible.

3.     Commence a special edition Newsletter that will inform all the residents in the parish of the results of the survey and what actions, if any, will be taken regarding the issues raised by the residents.

4.     The final report and draft newsletter to be reported to the July Parish Council meeting for approval with the target of sending out the Newsletter in early August.

Above actions all agreed.  Members were advised the total cost of the questionnaire is approx £1,550 plus VAT.

c)     Streetlights – the group recommends that the location of the proposed streetlighting on the CALA Homes site off School Rd (plan ref 100031.S38.1300.001 and 100031.S38.1300.002) be agreed.  The lanterns proposed were unanimously accepted, with columns being painted grey.  Regarding the conversion of the solar light in the playing field to LED this has proved to be too expensive to move forward with.  Members instructed Clerk to obtain quotes for a good quality LED floodlight on TOPs building, with the removal of both existing solar lights.

d)     CIL – not yet met.  Clerk to arrange a date to meet.

e)     Cllr Gordon proposed Cllr Shale to the new War Memorial Liaison Group, with unanimous approval.  Clerk to ask Cllr Shale if he will be happy to join the group with 1 or 2 meetings pa.

10 Highways:

Works issued – to refurbish the telephone kiosk, move the goalposts & tarmac skateboard area.

11 Garden Allotments:

All allotment rental has been paid.  One allotment holder gave notice on his lease and as such the deposit of £50 is to be returned. Clerk to instruct amenity contractor to cut empty plots to reduce spread of weeds.

12 Community:

a)     Members considered a Community Grant application from 1st Salford Priors Guides in the sum of £450 to assist with the purchase of neckerchiefs and a badge designed especially for the group, along with waterbottles.  Cllr James proposed that this is granted, Cllr Green seconded.  Unanimously approved.  Clerk to organise funds be paid by BACS.

b)     The asbestos management report was noted.  A copy of this to be printed out and kept in the TOPs building for any future contractors.  Clerk to action.

c)     The consultation on Policy MCS10 – Underground Coal Gasification Warwickshire Minerals Plan 2018 was noted.

d)     It was decided by Members to look into and update the Community Emergency Plan.  Cllrs James, Penn & Stedman to look into this and report back at the September meeting.

13 Rights of Way:

Cllr Penn reported that a tree is blocking AL4.  The access to the wetlands is also blocked by a fallen tree.  Clerk to contact Highways England to see if they will clear this.

Cllr Penn to look into queries raised during Open Forum with a report to be received at the July meeting.

14 Matters raised by Councillors:   The following matters were raised by Council Members:

a)     Cllr Gordon passed on a request that a grit bin be removed from outside a house in School Rd and be reinstated under the Memorial Hall.  As this is on Highways land it was decided there is no need to move this.

b)     To consider planting wildflower verges – this to be discussed at the amenity contract renewal meeting.

c)     Cllr James requested that the electricity sub-station at Park Hall Mews be screened.  Again, this to be discussed at the next amenity working group meeting.

15 Correspondence Considered:

a)     A letter has been received from Stratford District Council regarding a review of polling districts and places.  Salford Priors Memorial Hall is the polling station for the area and Clerk to return to Stratford District Council reinforcing this.

b)     Quotes had been received for the website however this to be deferred until the July meeting.

c)     Taking part in VE Day 75 was considered.  Clerk to contact St Matthews Church to find out if they would be interested in hosting a flower festival and holding a service.  This to be put to Communications group to consider.

d)     Lighting works required to the inside of the TOPs building was considered – Cllr Stedman proposed this is delegated to the Clerk, if quotes come in under £500 to go ahead. Cllr Pattison seconded, unanimous approval.

e)     An email had been received from a resident in Dunnington with a few queries.  Cllr Maude suggested these points be made to the Ragley Estate with a group of residents along with Cllrs James & Maude.

16 Correspondence Noted:


17 Finance:

a)     The council gave consideration and approval of the payments listed in Appendix A.  These were proposed by Cllr Pattison & seconded by Cllr Gordon. Unanimous approval.

b)     It was agreed that Cllrs James & Green would sign cheques/BACS remittances for payments listed in Appendix A (Minute 20).


The Council noted the account balances reconciled with the Lloyds Bank Current Account statement Number 4 and Deposit Account Statement 43 issued 31st May 2019 :-

Lloyds Deposit Account:   £  95,618.74

Lloyds Current Account    £    7,219.91
Total Fund Balance             £102,838.65

18 Date of Next Meeting:

Council confirmed the date of the next Ordinary Parish Council Meeting on Wednesday 17th July 2019 at 7.00pm in the Memorial Hall, Salford Priors.

19 Closure of Meeting:  The Chairman closed the meeting at 21:00 hrs



Chairman: ______________________________________________Date:_________________








000535 HMRC Clerk & PC NIC 22.15   22.15
BACS Digital Copier Systems Ltd Photocopier Charges 27.97 4.66 23.31
BACS Mrs D Bowles Salary & Expenses 801.36   801.36
BACS Mr G Beamish Allotment Deposit Return 50.00   50.00
BACS Limebridge Rural Services Ltd Amenity Contract 3,827.19 637.87 3,189.32
BACS P Batacanin Playing Field Insp May 10.00   10.00
BACS RSK Environment Ltd Asbestos Management Survey 480.00 80.00 400.00
BACS Stratford District Council Emptying of litter bins 134.23 22.37 111.86
BACS Mr C Hull Bus Shelter Repairs 250.00   250.00
DD CF Corporate Finance Ltd Photocopier lease 42.00 7.00 35.00
DD ICO Registration Renewal 35.00   35.00
DD NEST Pensions Clerk’s Pension 95.93   95.93
DD Lloyds Bank Bank Charges 8.45   8.45
DD EDF Energy TOPs Electricity 57.00   57.00
BACS SP Guides Community Grant 450.00   450.00
Total     6291.28 751.90 5539.38