Salford Priors Parish Council requires the services of a Lengthsman
The modern Lengthsman is a locally employed person who can really make a difference to the community environment by undertaking minor highways maintenance, such as drainage and verges. The role may be expanded to tackle other small-scale maintenance work. Appropriate basic training on the hazards of working in the highway and the signing requirements will be provided.
This contract for services is based on an as and when basis and is for one year only but may be extended.
For a contract application form and details, contact:
Clerk to the Parish Council
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel – 07740 581739
Closing date Monday 3rd April. Interviews to take place during April. Hourly rate to be negotiated.
The Contractor shall carry out the highway maintenance works described in the following work schedule:
- Clear gully grates
- Clear verge grips
- Clear headwalls, outfalls
- Rod blocked drains if practical
- Advise landowners and frontagers when their ditches need cleaning
- In especially difficult circumstances clear ditches – only with prior agreement of the Manager
- Remove vegetation obstructing signs
- Remove vegetation at junction visibility splays
- Removal of basal tree growth from highway trees
- Side out footways to normal width and spread arisings on verge where possible
- Negotiate with frontagers for them to cut back overhanging vegetation
- Rotation and charging of mobile Vehicular Activated Signs (VAS) following site specific approval and authorisation from the Manager
- Clean dirty signs (except illuminated signs)
- Painting of heritage cast iron direction signs
- Maintenance and repainting of highways approved visibility fencing
- Cleaning of subways
- Other work with specific approval of the Manager
The Parish may request the Lengthsman to carry out additional tasks from time to time. The Lengthsman will be required to travel around the parish at short notice.